Sump pump weep holes

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kcallstate

Reaction score
During a recent preventative maintenance call the tech said he put another relief hole. During a weekend storm I noticed the pump Cycle time had increased from its normal 5-10 seconds to 50-60 seconds. The check valve in clear housing did not appear to be opening properly so I replaced it myself. Heavy rains last night day cycle time of around 30-40 seconds. I don’t understand what’s going on. I called the service company and asked if a adding a second weep hole could cause this and they said no. Is it possible having two weep holes is dumping too much water back into the basin or not allowing enough pressure to properly open check valve all the way? I’ve uploaded a video showing it working. You can see the top weep hole immediately and then add the water drains you can see the lower hole. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_5735.MOV
    30.3 MB
I've had the system for over eight years and we've had much harder rain than recently. During that entire time it never cycled more than 10 seconds to empty the basin (well, to lower the level down enough to shut off the pump). During the hardest of rain storms, it would cycle on ever four to five minutes, but, again, the pumping cycle never went above 10 seconds. I have a pump spy outlet so I can see a history of it's operation. Something clearly changed but I cannot figure out what. The pump sounds fine and the pump spy outlet is not reporting any unusual electrical issues with the pump.

Latest posts

Back