Sump Pump Check Valves

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krusej23

Reaction score
I had a new sump pump system installed many years ago for me. It has a main pump and a battery backup pump. I have a feeling now that the check valve is bad because the main pump is running way too often. When I went to check it, I noticed there is one on both the main pump and one on the battery backup pump screwed into the outlet of each. Instead of tearing out both check valves, would it be horrible to add a clear check valve in the main pipe coming out of the basin to see if that helps? I'm assuming they installed a check valve on each one so when one pump is running that it doesn't push water into the other pump.

Attachments

• PXL_20240325_210030355.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240325_210030355.MP.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
That doesn't look maintenance friendly at all is it possible to check out and repipe both checks, ,because even if the check is bad it's still probably an obstruction, and if the battery check is good that means you pumping thru 2 checks good or bad, it puts more stress on the pump, if the pump is older itay be a chance to replace all, and put the checks in a better place

That doesn't look maintenance friendly at all is it possible to check out and repipe both checks, ,because even if the check is bad it's still probably an obstruction, and if the battery check is good that means you pumping thru 2 checks good or bad, it puts more stress on the pump, if the pump is older itay be a chance to replace all, and put the checks in a better place
Here is a higher up view of how everything is piped out. I would like to switch the 90deg angle pipes from each pump to be a y pipe into one so I in theory would only need the one check valve higher up since the main pump wouldn't be able to pump water into the battery pump.

Attachments

• PXL_20240325_223329549.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240325_223329549.MP.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back