Sump pump capacitor replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinityproud

Reaction score
Our Zoeller 98 pumps capacitor has blown. Do you all recommend replacing capacitor or replacing entire pump?

It does somehow still turn on and off with the float switch. Once we discovered it was blown we turned breakers off so no longer in use.

While we are looking for the most cost effective option we are also not expert electricians/plumbers.

We have been quoted between $1,000-1,500 for replacement of pump.
03234BDF-C66F-4C5C-9D55-B04120539035.jpeg

How much is the capacitor????
How do you know it's the capacitor?????
How old is the pump???????
How often does it cycle???????
The capacitor itself is around $400.
I do not know 100% it’s the capacitor but considering it’s exploded would be my top guess as to why the pump isn’t pumping water.
The pump is maybe 3-4 years old
I am unsure of the pump cycle. We are on a high water table and had a wet few months so it was running more

I
The capacitor itself is around $400.
I do not know 100% it’s the capacitor but considering it’s exploded would be my top guess as to why the pump isn’t pumping water.
The pump is maybe 3-4 years old
I am unsure of the pump cycle. We are on a high water table and had a wet few months so it was running more
I apologize the capacitor is around $60 the new pump being $400 for just the pump.

Since you got it out, all that you need to do is buy some teflon tape, a pipe wrench and unscrew the pipe and replace the pump.
If you don't already have it, no hub coupling can make reassembly easy.
Maybe youtube. It is not a hard task. you are half way there. Even a handy-person with a modicum of skill....

It’s 300 bucks on Amazon
Zoeller 98-0001 115-Volt 1/2 Horse Power Model M98 Flow-Mate Automatic Cast Iron Single Phase Submersible Sump/Effluent Pump … https://a.co/d/7tZ5b3g

As breplum said, just keep going and swap it out yourself.

that is the pump that i used to carry in my truck, it was called zoeller mighty mate . only 1/3 hp
1692019923558.png

Latest posts

Back