Still band or Copper ring

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf865

Reaction score
Probably been asked before but was wanting to get into PEX for my basic plumbing repairs without going too far into debt. Was wondering what your recommendations would be as far as whether to lean towards using the stainless steel bands or the copper rings for making the connections? Also, what your recommendations would be for buying a good starter kit(s) off Amazon for the tool, connections, and bands. Thx!

I purchased the tools and a multitude of fittings to have on hand. I have Poly-B plumbing and whenever a repair is required do the conversion over to pex.
I chose to have both the cinch and ring capability because there's situations where there is not room for the crush or clamp tools.
I obtained a lot of materials from Supplyhouse.com. I Imagine I have over a thousand dollars invested in my "Pex" tool bag between the tools and fittings ...... but I won't be stuck if I pop a leak on a Sunday or at night.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/PEX-Tools-26000

Last edited:
Probably been asked before but was wanting to get into PEX for my basic plumbing repairs without going too far into debt. Was wondering what your recommendations would be as far as whether to lean towards using the stainless steel bands or the copper rings for making the connections? Also, what your recommendations would be for buying a good starter kit(s) off Amazon for the tool, connections, and bands. Thx!

Copper rings are my preference. I shop eBay or supplyhouse.com.

Pex universe is also good to deal with.

MIL3 makes good crimp ring tools.

Yeh, I don't use a whole.lkt of PEX but I did a lot of research on PEX tools and install methods mil3 has been around for many years and will repair their tools that's what I finally purchased and copper crimp rings is the method I also use mil3 crimp tools are short so you can get into tight spots

Latest posts

Back