Smart shut-off valve ideas?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcf57

Reaction score
so, I had a basement flood about 18yrs ago due to original construction negligence (long story). Insurance covered the whole thing, but since then, I have installed some smart water sensors and basic water alarm devices in different areas of the house; kitchen sink, toilets, water heater, etc

I have seen some smart water alarm systems that basically install in line with the main water supply line. Then you disperse numerous linked water detection devices where needed. When triggered, the main water to the whole house is turned off. While usually more $$, I like this idea.

Some require professional (soldering) installations and some let you simply attach it to your current shutoff valve.
Most of these require a ¼ turn valve design.

Our home unfortunately has a round turn-off valve (basically like an outdoor garden hose spigot) that requires multiple turns to completely shut the water off to the house

Are there any other designs of these water alarm systems that could somehow accommodate our valve design?

Latest posts

Back