Shower Pressure and Temp. Problems

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too the shower head off... and apart to clean it out. It didn't seem to be gummed up or anything, but I gave it a good cleaning anyway.

The flow out of the shower without the head on didn't really tell me alot because I don't really know what it SHOULD look like ya know. Water seemed to come out just fine I suppose. Don't really have anything to compare it to. Maybe I'll remove the shower head at my fiances place to get idea of what a shower with good pressure looks like and compare it.

Long story short... there has been no change in pressure. : /

I'm back. I was out of town for awhile and overwhelmed with stuff to do.
In regards to comparing water pressure at someone else's home, different systems.
It would be like comparing oranges to grapefruits.
Let's refer to the amount of flow as volume. Pressure is probably not the right term of discription

You get a steady flow of hot water now to problem shower only but it is low volume at the shower head only and good volume at tub spout.

When the valve body was replace it is possible the installer got to much solder in it and it restricted the flow to the shower head. Those solder joints do look a little sloppy

I hope you get this resolve but I don't think I can help.
You will probably have to call in a pro that can actully look at it in person.
Call around and try to get a feel for the contractor and his knowledge of pressure and volume problems.
Look it up so you also know the difference

Last edited:
Well, yes the solder does look sloppy, but the reason he even had to go in there is because there was a problem in the first place. So I sort of think it's something else.

As far as the tub, I get a steady flow out of the spout, but it is definitely lower in pressure just like the shower head.

However; thank you all for your help. I know dealing with my lack of knowledge was most likely frustrating at times lol. I might have to call some to look at it in person like you mentioned. Take care and thanks again fro all the time spent with me. Even though we didn't get to the bottom of this I really appreciated it and I learned a lot. (Which isn't saying much seeing i didn't know what a ball valve was haha)

The lower pressure/ volume could be due to the rise to the second floor.
It could also be those 2 valves that maybe restricting the flow a little.
You can get a pressure gauge at most hardware stores and check to see how much pressure you have at any hose bib on the house.

Let us know if you do get it resolved. Maybe replace those 2 valves in the picture with some ball valves.

Latest posts

Back