Repipe with Pex A or Pex B controversy

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the help. I am now putting together my list and got the tools recommended.

I have Permatex thread sealant with PTFE. (80633) Is this acceptable to use with stainless fittings and should I skip tape?
Skip the tape

I'm getting around to practicing with my Apollo pex crimper in 1" pex B.

With the setting at 0, the crimped ring with the burr in the air gap, the ring easily goes fully into the tool.

With the setting at 1, and light finger pressure, the fitting comes within 1/8" from seating, but easily pushed fully into the tool.

With the setting at 2, using full hand pressure, the ring will not get closer than 1/8" to full seating and the center of the fitting is aligned with the lines on the tool.

Which setting is best? Setting 1 or 2?

Thanks for advice.20240201_131500.jpg

Interesting. The instructions with the Apollo crimper don't mention any of this. If lined up with the crimp marks, it comes about 1/16" from bottoming out. My crimper is a different style but I guess the video applies to my crimper too.

Attachments

• 20240201_170144.jpg
    20240201_170144.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Yes I saw about putting the gauge over the copper ring with the gauge flats aligning with the crimp marks. When the marks line up, the copper fitting comes about 1/16" from fully seating. I'll try the next size larger. Thanks

Interesting. The instructions with the Apollo crimper don't mention any of this. If lined up with the crimp marks, it comes about 1/16" from bottoming out. My crimper is a different style but I guess the video applies to my crimper too.
I have a kit just like that I scored off EBay for $30 it’s brand new.

Latest posts

Back