Removing Moen Kitchen faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coplumbo

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm trying to remove my Moen kitchen faucet. It is a single-lever faucet with a separate spray hose. I disconnected all the supply lines and spray hose. But now I'm having trouble removing the faucet body. There is a bracket underneath the sink, and a nut holding the faucet in place. However, even though I loosened the nut, the faucet still won't come off. There is a gap in the threads on the bolt that prevents the bolt from being removed entirely. Hopefully this all makes sense when you see the picture.

Attachments

• 0717211932b-1.jpg
    0717211932b-1.jpg
    916.6 KB · Views: 12
That nut comes off......

Keep working at it.

I use a deep socket with an extension and a drill to remove the nut.

Thanks! I was able to loosen the nut up to a point, but how can I unscrew the nut with that big gap in the threads?

You mentioned using a drill. Do I need a drill to remove the faucet?

The faucet probably originally came with a plastic deep well socket tool, to install and tighten that nut.
They usually get lost.
And they don’t have much mojo to turn corroded nuts on old rusty faucets anyway.
You can always cut off most of that threaded post with a mini hacksaw or reciprocating multi tool.

You can also slice through the side of that nut with a mini hacksaw or multi tool, then pry it open with a flat screwdriver.

As Twowax said, the nut should be able to be spun all the way off.

Or cut the threaded post here as a last resort. EF7CDE4D-4985-4FC2-A2CC-702E88914796.jpeg

This site is FUN as well as informative! In times like these both are important! To that end and a bit off topic I add this gem:

I was in my local Walmart today in the see-food aisle. They have a new product called, I kid you not, Intimidation Crab Meat!!

Back