remove shower drain cover assistance

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bw nc

Reaction score
I have a clog in a shower drain that I am 99% sure is hair and gunk. I'm hesitant to use a drain cleaner (PVC/older pipes), but I can't get this drain cover to remove easily. Anyone have experience with removal of this type drain cover?
1708103556747.png

Have you tried to gently pry it off, or maybe it threads on put a flathead screw driver in one of the outer holes and tap it left or right to see if it moves

Have you tried to gently pry it off, or maybe it threads on put a flathead screw driver in one of the outer holes and tap it left or right to see if it moves
Thanks. I tried both without any luck. Note a small ding in a few of the drain holes from the screwdriver. :) Also would not pry out without bending the drain. I was hoping there was some trick. I'll keep checking for suggestions. Thanks again.

Also I noticed a small hole outside the outer ring of drain holes and wondered if this had any function for removal,

what do you mean by "just to plug the drain"? thanks

Theres no screws holding the drain cover down. Tap around easily with a hammer as it should just pop out.

Latest posts

Back