Removal of this part?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell-DIY-Guy

Reaction score
I do a lot of handyman work in a 55+ community of single family ranch homes. Their HOA has put out a notice about the (see attached photo) one piece plastic toilet shutoff/connectors. Apparently enough of them have failed with significant water damage that they urge changing them.

I don’t want to disturb anything but want the best way of removing them. Are these like sharkbite with their removal tool, another technique or tool, or crimp?

PS: these must be a “plumber only” commercial part since I’ve never seen them for sale anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_4420.jpeg
    IMG_4420.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Thank you. 👍 "industry's easiest and most reliable". I'll give you easy.

I've got a whole community now fearing for their homes because a number of these have failed with disastrous consequences. Most of these homeowners are elderly, some handicapped, many widowers, and they don't always know or cannot move fast enough to the water shutoff in the garage when they fail.

Not sure a Sharkbite is much better on these PEX stub-outs.

We have them in a few areas here, primarily late '90s early '00s. Also see a fair bit of the stupid gray Qest shut offs. This is what I think when someone says the quality of something is "builder grade" IE: cheap, lowest bid, saves them the most money and gets them past the year warranty.

Latest posts

Back