Relocate plumbing for bar sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dianedebuda

Reaction score
House addition was framed in 20 years ago; rough plumbing done by plumber. Only now getting to it...:D

The originally planned bar was located in what is now a landing for the stairs. So I need to move the plumbing. I don't see major problems with the drain side, but I'm not firm about the vent stack side.

Original bar sink location is about 4 ft right of 2" floor drain. There's a 1-1/2" vent near the orig sink location. Need to move bar sink to 4 ft left of 2" floor drain. Many headers make putting a new vertical vent at the new bar sink location very difficult.

I wonder if this would work: a T at the existing 2" drain with one leg down to the drain (2"), the opposite leg up for vent (size?) and the middle out to the sink (1-1/2). I could go up 4" or so from the top leg, use an elbow then run over (horizontally with slope) to the existing vertical vent (1-1/2").

There's 12 pics in my thread here:http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...got-way-out-hand-post2035162.html#post2035162

Thanks.
Diane

Back