reduced hot water supply

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
standard anode is in. Pressure valve moved to the side and the old anode cut off, using the old heat loss reducing nipple. New pressure relief lines sweated in and the water heater is full. Side plug was the worst part. Impact gun did not budge it. Took good sized breaker bar and pipe extension on it to bust it free. Once it broke free it came right out. Threads are somewhat rough but what to expect it is 13 years old. Teflon tape and Teflon pipe dope sealed it well. I made sure the pipe dope was on the threads only and not the part exposed to the inside. Flushed it well when done. Can't finish putting in 4 lousy screws and climb onto a ladder to be sure the exhaust pipe is properly seated into the roof vent - had to remove it to get the anode in. And the reason I can't is my hands and arms are cramping. I suspect it is dehydration. It was 105F here today and I probably did not drink enough water.

Q. some longer warrantied water heaters have two anodes. Would there be any benefit to ordering a rod like what came out and putting it in also with the standard rod as long as I match metals? With the standard rod installed, I could add a second one at my leisure if there is any benefit.

Can't finish putting in 4 lousy screws and climb onto a ladder to be sure the exhaust pipe is properly seated into the roof vent - had to remove it to get the anode in. And the reason I can't is my hands and arms are cramping. I suspect it is dehydration. It was 105F here today and I probably did not drink enough water.

:confused:

You need to hydrate on a continual basis. Water will rust your pipes.

Consider BUDWEISER. It is a great medicinal aide. I once had a doctor suggest I force fluids and get plenty of rest. I stopped at the convenience store on the way home and bought a few cases. I drank until I passed out... :rolleyes:

It also keeps the price of barley and hops up to help farmers.

SGkent Continues said:
Q. some longer warrantied water heaters have two anodes. Would there be any benefit to ordering a rod like what came out and putting it in also with the standard rod as long as I match metals? With the standard rod installed, I could add a second one at my leisure if there is any benefit.

Correct. They include the second rod to ensure longer tank life as very few people service the rod on a needed basis. I don't see the need or expense as you will monitor yours now.

Latest posts

Back