Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend put up the double showerheads. He used galvanized pipe to support the elbows. He installed a 2nd control as well.
1708826665023.png

1708826715011.png
He's going to add a drop ell and get a handheld showerhead that has an off button so he won't need a diverter.

My friend put up the double showerheads. He used galvanized pipe to support the elbows. He installed a 2nd control as well.
View attachment 44467

View attachment 44468
He's going to add a drop ell and get a handheld showerhead that has an off button so he won't need a diverter.
Looks nice, but How much water comes out of that type shower ? I think the rainfall type doesn't put out a lot of pressure. I personally like to be power washed with a massage type shower head. That's what feels good to me...

View attachment 44467

View attachment 44468
Tell him to replace that galvanized with copper or brass.

My friend reported that the rainshowers have excellent pressure and he felt like it was trying to pressure wash him. LOL.
Copper and brass were not in his budget. I didn't like the idea of galvanized, but its what he wanted to go with. It's not like he's going to be drinking the water. I need to get pictures of my new hose setup outside. Didn't bring my phone with me on my walk this morning when I fixed stuff up.

He intends to drywall over this at some point. 1709061797743.png
Drop ell will go in the hole that the old shower arm went through.
1709061885383.png1709061950921.png1709061975167.png
The 4" pipes coming down for the showerheads will probably be replaced with shorter ones so there is more head room in the shower.

That’s the ole free float valve install method ✌️

Copper would’ve been cheaper or he could’ve used pex. Galvanized will rust and cause staining and clogged shower heads. But it’ll be a while before it shows up.

Last edited:
Copper wasn't available in our area. The prices for the stuff to order online was more expensive than the galvanized. One of these days I'm going to water seal and paint that ceiling.

That's some iron rich soil. If I hadn't seen the pics where you dug the trench I never would have known a trench was there. Good job covering it back up.

It’s red clay with sand mixed in. It packs tight for construction uses. It’s in my area naturally but not everywhere, it’s trucked in when new homes are built.

Its the kind of soil we have in my area. We have the sandy loam at the very top and then it goes to red clay, then it goes to sand.

Back