Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I recognize that valve. LOL. Might be from a Monitor series. Got a similar one for two of our showers. Mom is getting a Moentrol in hers. Speaking of her bathroom, I went in to snag some TP rolls to move to my bathroom (she stores a bunch in hers) and the toilet is absolutely disgusting. I'm not looking forward to cleaning that. Might get a picture later. It is so gross. I'm sure you guys in the trades have seen worse, but ugh. I clean my own toilet regularly so it doesn't get like that. Granted, I have the Sanagloss finish on mine, but still...

I’ve probably seen worse but I’ve also walked out and never looked back and never giving an explanation as to why. I just leave. Plumbing isn’t nasty, people are.

Like, I don't understand why there is thick brown crud at the front of the toilet. I don't know how that happens and I don't want to know. If I do post a pic I can put it under a spoiler tag so Havasu doesn't have to see it. I can do before and after bc I'm going to have to clean it. Although my back hates me far too much to do that soon.

The toilet in Mom's ICU room:
1701584022168.png
It has this faucet thingy:
1701584046182.png
It folds down over the toilet bowl
1701584068340.png1701584081890.png
I don't know if it is to help wash the bowl or to wash people. LOL.

Don't know why they don't have grab bars or ADA height toilet either.

Havasu was right. They rinse the bedpans with it. The nurse had never heard of a bidet before. She thought it sounded neat. I told her about how it works and how I used it to rinse a bed pan but that I want a shattaf for my own bathroom. Helps clean the toilet.

Still don't know why they don't have ADA height toilets and grab bars though.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but a bidet is for washing off your backside after using the commode.... mainly because you can't reach back there to do it yourself. But, your still all wet, so you still have to twist and reach to dry yourself. Right ?

A bidet is used in other countries (and in the US) to get a better cleaning of your backside. Has nothing to do with whether or not you can reach. In some countries they exclusively use bidets instead of tp. Many of them have towels to dry themselves off afterward. The right bidet can clean very thoroughly. They even have some that are designed to stimulate bowel movements for people who are plugged up.

They are great for if you've had diarrhea and need to spray yourself off. Sometimes tp is still needed, but the bidet still cleans better than tp does. If you get dirt on your hands and just wipe it off with a dry paper towel it doesn't get you as clean as washing your hands with water.

Japan has heated toilet seats that let you adjust the temperature of the water that comes out and it even has a little blow dryer to dry you off afterward.

Fun fact: The US is the largest producer of bidets but many people in the US don't even know what they are. The nurse in ICU didn't know what a bidet was.

There are different types too. An entirely separate fixture that resembles a toilet without a seat, a seat with one built in, an attachment that goes under the seat, or a shattaff (handheld sprayer like the side sprayer from a kitchen sink) which is also called a diaper sprayer. The under seat ones tend to be the cheapest.

I've read about people having back surgery being required to have one because they cant bend and twist afterwards. Could never figure out how they would get dry.

Latest posts

Back