Question: 3" PVC Unions & Bushings

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim_B

Reaction score
3" PVC Unions & Bushings

I want to use some 3" Schedule 40 PVC for a project.

Is there such a Bushing that will allow me to easily swivel two sections of 3" PVC without reducing the inside diameter of the pipe?

Also....

Is there such a Union that will allow me to easily take apart two sections of 3" PVC without reducing the inside diameter of the pipe?

Thank you,

Jim

This photo was taken from another Plumbing Forum member, but shows a picture of a rubber sleeve, which comes in various sizes. It does have some flexibility, and will not reduce the diameter of the pipe. Is this something that would work for you?

plumbing.jpg

I have seen those before, but I would rather know if there is something that I could unscrew or slip off...

Thank you for your response...

Jim

I would head down to a supply shop and look araound but I believe a union would do what you want. I haven't looked that close to them when I install but I don't see any reason why they would have any obstruction on the inside.

A union would do what you want, but finding one in 3" will be a chore since unions are not used in drainage systems. They will not be cheap either. You will probably need to contact a pipe supply business. There will be no reduction of pipe size when using this.

Here is what I am trying to do.... this is a picture of another woodworkers Boom Arm. I would like to make a Homemade Boom Arm with PVC pipe...

I would like to use 3" pipe because I want to put the vacuum hose IN the pipe, and not strapped to the pipe as shown.

I would like to have the ability to take the Boom Arm apart at about the halfway point. And also I can't have any reduction of the pipe inside diameter because of the hose.

Thanks,

Jim

index.php

Back