Push/Pull Valve and Difficulties Changing Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rx7_dreamz

Reaction score
Hello all I simply need to switch out kitchen faucets and ran into one of the Diabolical push-pull valves. It seems that there is a nut connecting the water hose coming from the faucet but the plate is preventing me from getting any sort of tool in there to remove the line. It would make sense if the little knob that you push and pull could come off so I can remove the plate and access the nut but I don't think I can. Do you guys have any tips? Or, do I need to replace this valve in order to install the faucet? I have attached some pictures. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20240329_215425-EDIT (1).jpg
    20240329_215425-EDIT (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240329_215419.jpg
    20240329_215419.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240329_215425-EDIT.jpg
    20240329_215425-EDIT.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
If I could just get rid of the pull/push knob then I can remove the plate but it doesn't seem to come off. Unless I am just doing it wrong. Otherwise, it is very difficult to access the nut. I may be able to use some small locking pliers but it is a tight squeeze because of the plate.

an embarrassment to good engineering practices. is it Accor brand?
No personal knowledge of that unit you have. pry the cover where you removed the screws it should wiggle loose?

Thank you for your reply and for your empathy, lol. It is a terrible piece of equipment. I wish I knew the brand, the builder installed it. I don't believe it is like a whole box in the wall kind of setup. The plate does come free when I remove the screws, however, the pull/push knob prevents me from further removing the plate because it blocks it. I am under the impression I need to remove the knob somehow. I tried twisting it off but it does not come off.

Q. "How is the push/pull knob removed when the escutcheon needs to be removed if the hose needs to be replaced?"
A. The knob screws onto or off of the valve, much like a drawer pull. They are designed so that the knob can only be installed and removed in the off position.

Q. "How is the push/pull knob removed when the escutcheon needs to be removed if the hose needs to be replaced?"
A. The knob screws onto or off of the valve, much like a drawer pull. They are designed so that the knob can only be installed and removed in the off position.
The problem with the design is that most of the shaft on the push - pull knob is square and in a square hole. If you cannot pull the knob all the way out, you cannot unscrew the knob and remove the cover. Poor design.

Latest posts

Back