Pump Repair Referral Request

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSTONE

Reaction score
Where do people go to get pumps fixed. Does this site have some folks that are stand up folks willing to fix a diaphragm and see what they can do about a screw hole on the square motor/pump connection flange.
I love this pump it runs no problem except for steady light running of water under the pump. neighbor thinks since I was half his age he knew more than I did, I told him to wait I'm going to grab my torque wrench and see if the web had an suggestions on lbs. I came back out 3 mins later and the idiot broke what looks to me to be a breakaway corner of the flange off, like in case it freezes the flange would break instead of the whole pump or something I'll show in my photos there's like the equivelent of a perforated edge for metal (as it appears to me, but I don't know) I've seen many pumps I've considered buying and putting my great motor on. the bearing seems fine and impellers not broken but it's sat 4-5 seasons now and and got a little rust. I can lube it up to get the actual feel of it. I need to know if square flanges for electric motors and pumps to mount together can be bought by themselves and if so can someone please point me in the right direction. I can do the repairs myself in that case. If you're holding back on info on where to get it because of money I'll just pay you to tell me. Tell me to msg you. Replacing the motor and flange is like 800 bucks. no way. Does anyone have a good 2hp or more jet or shallow well pump that could sell that can pull from ponds 65ft up a 8-9ft total incline 35 ft across flat ground then 70 feet to the street all the way from the pond in my back yard so calculate together but the thing pushed water like it was a golf course now i'm sitting at 25 PSI all the time no matter what when before I had to decrease to 70% capacity max and everything was 40-60psi even the top of the hill. I have an unidentifiable number of valves, i'm slowing finding them at my parents house. but I know at least one major valve is either off/broken/or not closing all the way because it's backflowing downhill and draining out of the lowest point in the 3rd station after it runs and switches to four so all the high ground water runs down and empties out there. I figured if one was manually or just somehow stuck open that would let pressure go down some but I can run like 3 stations and all be 25 psi. Its weird. Earlier in the year I had a contractor come out and do some excavation and they broke a line a main line while I was at work and they flex taped it together and buried it. with a bioswell natural irrigation 4 in corrugated drain hose. I'm going to dig it up and cement it but it's be a challenge finding things other than just digging and stabbing the yard with long screw drivers like a mad person. 2 valves down (I found, now a manifold plus 2 more to go, 6 stations 2x stations have two valves twisted together for their hot wire the all have their own line leading out into conduit.). We went 3 years without irrigation on and a master gardener seeding and grass growing over everything then landscapers putting in rock, I may know where one more is but if someone in the community has an underground detector that I could rent I'll happily rent it or work something out whether barter with collateral or online acct "escrow" something and make someone we trust the trustee. depending on what someone would want to let me borrow it i'd just send it unless it was significant $$$. Ill post photos from my phone in next 36 hours.

Latest posts

Back