Pressurized Fitting Tool

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryssa Helland

Reaction score
I had a dishwasher installer come in with my new dishwasher and he said he couldn't install my new dishwasher because it needs a pressurized fitting on the line and he doesn't have the tool to do that. So I need to get that done before he can start the install. Can any one tell me what the tool is he needs? Google has not been helpfull.

If it was a dishwasher replacement the pipe/connection should’ve been there already.

Take pics of where your water line connects to your existing dishwasher or show the disconnected pipe.

Call someone else, a real plumber.

You have the improper sink plumbing. No high loop on the dishwasher hose. You need more than a dishwasher installed.

After doing some research could he have meant a compressurized fitting??
I suspect he meant a "compression" fitting as often used in PEX piping. PEX is rapidlly becoming mainstream, if he does not wish to invest in proper tools he needs to seek another line of work; and you need to seek a fully qualified and equipped craftsman to install your dishwasher...

Last edited:
If it was a dishwasher replacement the pipe/connection should’ve been there already.

Take pics of where your water line connects to your existing dishwasher or show the disconnected pipe.

Call someone else, a real plumber.

You have the improper sink plumbing. No high loop on the dishwasher hose. You need more than a dishwasher installed.
I am not sure how to get behind my dish washer to show that. But I do have someone coming out in about a week. This one purchase keeps getting more expensive! Lol

I suspect he meant a "compresion" fitting as often used in PEX piping. PEX is rapidlly becoming mainstream, if he does not wish to invest in proper tools he needs to seek another line of work; and you need to seek a fully qualified and equipped craftsman to install your dishwasher...
I was just going through Best Buy after purchasing the dishwasher as they said they would install it and depose of the old one for free with purchase. I do have an actual plumber coming out next week but this is getting much more expensive then we budgeted for I may just have to return it.

The way the dishwasher tee is piped the dishwasher will always smell wether it's water left in the drain hose or there bei no trap on the dishwasher tee
That makes sense we do commonly have an odor from that area no matter how much I clean.

I was just going through Best Buy after purchasing the dishwasher as they said they would install it and depose of the old one for free with purchase. I do have an actual plumber coming out next week but this is getting much more expensive then we budgeted for I may just have to return it.
Get in touch with Best Buy and tell them they need to to find a competent and properly equipped installer.

Also, it is imperative that the dishwasher drain hose follows a "high loop" path that runs above the point it enters the drain plumbing....

As others have said, your drainage piping under the sink is a mess. You have an S-trap which has not been allowed by any code for decades. And your dishwasher drain is not trapped. The dishwasher tail piece needs to be upstream of the trap, the S-trap needs to be replaced with a P-trap, and you will probably have to install a AAV to vent the P-trap.

Latest posts

Back