pressure tank

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebeveridge

Reaction score
sorry if this has every been answered. just need some information.
my wife and i are looking at a new house that has well water. going through the house i could not fine a pressure tank. i have always lived in a house with a well and we have always had a pressure tank. My question is could the system not have a pressure tank, is there an alternative, how can i test the system to make sure it works ok.

my background: been a contractor for 11 years so i am not totally in the dark on plumbing.

The tank could be buried underground or even installed in the well. Tanks don't need to be very large anymore. The ones in the well only hold 1/2 gallon of water. The following link will show you how we make well pumps work with such small tanks. The test is to see how much water you can get out before the pump starts.

Cycle Stop Valves, Inc.

Last edited:
thank you very much for the information. i knew there had to be a tank. if i could bother you with one more question. is there an easy way to turn on the water and tell when the pump kicks on?

Seeing the points in the pressure switch close means the pump is running. When the points open the pump is off. Also can use a clamp around amp meter, or the pressure gauge.

thanks again. when i am there for the home inspection i will do some more looking to see what i can find.

When you find the pressure switch, let me know where it is in relation to the well.

Back