PEX toilet connection leaking

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camabernathy

Reaction score
Hello.
I’m needing advice on how to fix a slow leak I currently have. We have a PEX system. It appears the leak is coming from the connection to the toilet.

Any suggestions on what I need to get to fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_9733.jpeg
    IMG_9733.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Is it a manobloc system with the panel of valves in the laundry room or garage ?

What city in Bama ?

I don’t care for those systems.

Do you know what size pipe you have there ? It’s either 3/8” or 1/2”. Those are inside diameters. The outside diameter will be either 1/2” or 5/8”.

Have you ever crimped any pex before ?

I’m in Orange Beach, Al.

I'm generally a little leery of Sharkbite push to connect but in this case, it might make sense.

1696953484451.png

I'd still have local shut off's, Manibloc or not!
Installing a local shutoff would be the easiest way to fix this. Get a 1/2” Pex quarter turn shutoff valve (1/2” crimp Pex, expansion Pex, or push to connect Sharkbite …your choice) and then a standard 3/8” compression to toilet line that can be found in any hardware store and you’re done.

IMG_5989.jpeg

Installing a local shutoff would be the easiest way to fix this. Get a 1/2” Pex quarter turn shutoff valve (1/2” crimp Pex, expansion Pex, or push to connect Sharkbite …your choice) and then a standard 3/8” compression to toilet line that can be found in any hardware store and you’re done.

View attachment 42538
Manablock uses 3/8" PEX in most cases.

I have ways to deal with 3/8” pex on my van specifically for Manabloc systems because that’s the only time I find it.

IMO Manabloc is a bad joke and is SOLD to people. I’d never install that junk in my house.

Back