Painted the shutters on the house this weekend

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRad704

Moderation
Reaction score
This isnt really something for the Projects Section.. so I'll stick it here just to show off...

When the previous owners of the house painted the shutters.. they had pretty bad taste, but it was the 90's... :eek:

So they began life black plastic... then were painted green, then grey (probably to sell the house)... and now they are Black Suede...

Old dead grey
100_2644.JPG

New Sexy Black
Appling_Tennessee_US%20%282%29.jpg

Very Sexy. Love the signature.

Thanks and thanks... :D

Chris drops great little one-liners from time to time... I have more in my JF sig... :)

Nice home Brad.

Thanks Keith... and you tied me with posts on that one, so I am obligated to 1-up you for now, and reply... :)

Once we get the garage done, I will include some pics of that too... And I still think we need a General Home Improvements section somewhere here... Most everyone on PF.com is a "handyman" looking for answers, and we can all appreciate each others work...

House looks great! What kind of paint did you use for that high gloss finish? Also, in the new pic, just to the lower left of the front door looks like a roll of blue toilet paper. What exactly is that?

House looks great! What kind of paint did you use for that high gloss finish? Also, in the new pic, just to the lower left of the front door looks like a roll of blue toilet paper. What exactly is that?

That is for when he is not home and you really have to go. Brad is dedicated to a clean bum and the reason the paper is blue is because it is made of the same material as those disposable shop towels so they really can soak stuff up.

Brad that is a nice looking house, we don't have brick work like that out this way much.

Fair Enough. Now we are even.
Yep... fair enough... Oh, wait... ;)
That's one of those plastic insulated spigot covers... Thanks for making this thread plumbing related!
That is for when he is not home and you really have to go. Brad is dedicated to a clean bum and the reason the paper is blue is because it is made of the same material as those disposable shop towels so they really can soak stuff up.

Brad that is a nice looking house, we don't have brick work like that out this way much.
Thanks Chris... and I wish I could take credit for the brickwork, but it sorta "came this way"... we toyed with the idea of painting the brick like some of the really new houses around here.. but I think that would have been a bad idea in the long run.

Thanks Chris... and I wish I could take credit for the brickwork, but it sorta "came this way"... we toyed with the idea of painting the brick like some of the really new houses around here.. but I think that would have been a bad idea in the long run.

I wouldn't paint the brick, From some of the shows I see on tv they do that all the time but I think it ruins the look and it would be a pain to go back to natural afterwards.

I wouldn't paint the brick, From some of the shows I see on tv they do that all the time but I think it ruins the look and it would be a pain to go back to natural afterwards.

I LOVE, absolutely LOVE the look of a tan or dark tan or even dark green painted brick house will all black hardware... there is an entire subdivision in Germantown (rich old people) here and I love every home in there...

BUT... you are right. It would be nearly impossible to go back once painted, and who can ever argue will a full brick house? Ya know?

Oh.. and the question about the glossy look... It is Behr Premium Black Suede in Satin finish ( i think )... They dont really "gloss" but it is a nicer appearance than flat to me. Flat just looks dead... kinda like the garage, which is next on the list... Color is fine, but its flat and dead.

It really looks sharp! Have you considered painting the garage door black as well? I personally have never seen a black roll up door, and just wondering what it would look like?

It really looks sharp! Have you considered painting the garage door black as well? I personally have never seen a black roll up door, and just wondering what it would look like?

I actually said that very thing to my wife this weekend after I finished the shutters, and I got the raised-eyebrow "do it and I'll kill you" look... :D I dont think she's a fan of painting the garage door, and I'm not sure I am either.

I imagine it would probably be an overkill but if any house could handle it, it would be yours. Regarding painting the brick....never!

Thanks for the idea... but in all honestly, it aint gonna happen... :)

Once we get a few more projects done, I will try and do a full photo tour of all the work we have done in the past year....

We havent touched the back yard, other than finishing the fence, and buying a trampoline for the kids... I may have to hire Chris to come build me one!

Well I'm not working right now so I guess I could load up the truck and trailer and head out. it's only what 1800 miles? So at 4-5 miles per gallon towing with my V10 it should only cost about $1100 bucks just to show up. On second thought you could hire an expensive contractor and it would still be cheaper than me driving out.:)

Or I'll keep posting here, and get ideas that way... :)

Main View of backyard from Main gate area
backyard.jpg

Main Gate Area
IMAGE_011.jpg

Secondary gate, and the corner you cant see in the first pic (Main View)
20090721071417.jpg

I have been doing so much work in my yard that it looks horrible, I will post a couple pics in the thread for my BBQ.

With the crappy Memphis winters, the ground stays soft and muddy for about 5 months... hopefully we will warm up soon, and I can actually get out and clean up the backyard. Its driving me crazy right now... plus our dog has decided she likes to dig under the fence, so I have to bury some wire all around the fence to keep her in...

Bury her poop in the hole and I guarantee she wont dig there again, it works for my dogs.

Back