Offroad toys?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It starts great, but still overheats. With all new fan clutch, water pump, thermostat, pressure checks, hoses, and trip to radiator shop with no success, that is the only thing left, except cracked block or head. The way my kid drives, I going with a cracked block.

The tire carrier is junk! S#!tybilt...No water in oil, no oil in the water, compression is great in 5 cylinders (air mount is blocking spark plug hole on first cylinder), but it just overheats. I also replaced the temp sensor, so everything points to the head gasket.

Today I put boomerang shackles all around my jeep and installed a Tcase in Riks jeep and then we went out and broke his driveshaft and Tcase (So we thought) I towed him home and we pulled the Tcase tore it apart and put in another true nuetral plate and reinstalled his Tcase for the 2nd time today to find out his Aussie locker failed on him so now he needs a new driveshaft and locker, it's been a long day I need a drink. Oh yeah I also bleed my clutch and it needs it again.

So when we gonna do that head gasket?

No, this if a father/son standoff! He broke it, and I want him to fix it! Darn kids...it's a fun time making them, but the fun stops there! :p

Darn kids...it's a fun time making them, but the fun stops there! :p
laugh2.gif

So I came back from the mountians with another project. I brought back the father in laws CJ-8 to repaint and do interior and just get running better, fun.

I'll get some pics later on, I pulled it into my driveway and the shifter popped out and it is stuck in reverse so I figured I would wait till the hottest part of the day and go fix it.

So which one of you tinkered with my jeep last night?

I drove it around the block yesterday and parked it back in the garage and today I went to go for a drive and no clutch at all? I put in a new clutch master cylinder last week and it has been fine until today. After about 45 minutes of pumping the pedal with hopes that it would start working I tossed back in the old master that I had pulled and the clutch works, what the heck? This is what I get for buying cheap parts at the autozone.

At this point, I really don't care. I might have a line on a newer TJ!
lolrun.gif

Last edited:
Then lets go wheeling.

Here a couple pics of my running jeep. I am glad I have a huge driveway.

0802001907b.jpg

0802001908.jpg

downsized_0802001908a.jpg

Look what I did this morning. TJ flares on my YJ well the back half at least. Now I am gonna head to the mountains and test them out, I will report back another time.

0820000952.jpg

0820001113.jpg

0820000956.jpg

Latest posts

Back