Non toxic PVC cement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frodo said:
Dude, if it is clear and has the astm upc endorcements on it..the inspector will be happy, .you are good to go

It has UPC, NSF/ANSI 61, and ASTM F656, ASTM D2564. It's purple - Gorilla Purple PrimaGlue.

Thanks much,

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the UPC always differs to first the manufacturer recommendations and then that catch all authority of jurisdiction mess. Should have that line memorized by now... anyway it the stamps make it available for that manufacturer to sell the product even if it may or may not be allowed in your jurisdiction. And as for the taping the glue and primer together, screw the inspector that thinks he can tell me I can't! I still do it to this day. That's like telling you can't wipe your rear with anything less then 3ply might get your hand dirty!?!? Why would you have two dobers out at the same time? Remove dober, prime, cap, remove dober, glue, cap. I only have two hands lol. I don't know why that just really struck a cord I guess lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the UPC always differs to first the manufacturer recommendations and then that catch all authority of jurisdiction mess. Should have that line memorized by now... anyway it the stamps make it available for that manufacturer to sell the product even if it may or may not be allowed in your jurisdiction. And as for the taping the glue and primer together, screw the inspector that thinks he can tell me I can't! I still do it to this day. That's like telling you can't wipe your rear with anything less then 3ply might get your hand dirty!?!? Why would you have two dobers out at the same time? Remove dober, prime, cap, remove dober, glue, cap. I only have two hands lol. I don't know why that just really struck a cord I guess lol.

Selling/buying and using in certain jurisdictions are very different things.

Back