No wax seals won't let toilet sit flush on floor

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edee_em

Reaction score
Okay, I set the flange so it is sitting on the finished floor, as mentioned so often in so many places. I then go out and buy a no-wax type seal by a certain manufacturer. Come home, install as per instructions, and the toilet is rocking because the seal is too high. Call support and they agree their flange shouldn't be used for flanges set above floor. Go buy a second maker and same thing. Now on a third model that glues to the toilet and then fits into the waste pipe. I haven't installed this one yet.

My question is what seal to use to finish off this install? It seems like so many of these no-wax seals are not appropriate for above floor flanges. I do have to remove and replace this toilet in the near future as the flooring is going to be changed so I'm trying to use something that can be reusable, i.e. not wax.

Thanks.

I know it's not pretty, but a normal wax ring would probably be your best bet. A putty knife easily removes it when you need to pull the toilet again.

I agree. Just use a wax ring and replace it when the time comes to remove the toilet. It may take 5 minutes of work with a putty knife to clean up.

Just use the wax.
If you're to cheap to buy another one just reshape the used one.
how many no wax seals have you bought and tried.
Could of just used a wax one and been done.
You'd be sitting on your porch slurpin' down a cold lemonade.

Latest posts

Back