New Moen cartridge not supporting handle weight

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jfunchio

Reaction score
We have a Moen single handle faucet that keep dripping as well as in leaking out the base of the faucet. I tried replacing the cartridge with a new 1225 cartridge, however when I put the handle back on and raise it, it falls back down to the closed position. Then if I put the old cartridge back in it's fine. Any ideas why this might be?

Attachments

• IMG-0647.jpg
    IMG-0647.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG-0645.jpg
    IMG-0645.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG-0646.jpg
    IMG-0646.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Install a 1200 cartridge. I’ve had that happen a few times. Personally I don’t like the 1225. They’re interchangeable but I’ve had problems with the 1225’s.

Thanks Twowaxhack! So I replaced with a 1200 cartridge and it holds the handle as long as you push it all the way up. It still has trouble if you only raise it half way. The problem now is that it still leaks at the base of the faucet and now it's dripping under the sink where as before with the old cartridge it wasn't doing that. Is this still a cartridge issues or something else?

I suggest calling moen. They’ll probably send you a new faucet.

I am having same problem after changing my 1222 cartridge. Been on hold forever with Moen. Any ideas?

Back