Need Help!!! Toilet Hose Connector Issue...!!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanveer Ahmed

Reaction score
Hello Dear Folks,

I am requesting for a big knowledge help. As shown in the image below, I have the commode hose connected from main water line using 3/8" Comp x 7/8" Ballcock hose. Now I would like to use a T Connector diverter to install a hand shower. I have purchased the diverters according to the specifications of that hose. But after getting those products from Amazon, when I tried to install, I encountered that, the male connector from the main line, and the female connector from the hose, both are not attaching to the diverter I purchased. I have provided images below for detailed understanding.

Can anyone please help me solving this issue that, HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO INSTALL THAT T-DIVERTER IN SUCH CASE??? It would be a great help. Please provide suggestions if possible. I am feeling frustrated right now because of these unmatched diameter issues. I am also hoping to go to the Home Depot to check if I can use any adapter to use the diverters. Please help me with ideas.

Attachments

• Plumbing Issue.jpg
    Plumbing Issue.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 0
  • T-Connector DIverter with specs.jpg
    T-Connector DIverter with specs.jpg
    762.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Water Hose Image.jpg
    Water Hose Image.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Water Hose Spec.jpg
    Water Hose Spec.jpg
    888.4 KB · Views: 0
You will see if you go to any hardware store I'm pretty sure, that the side tap is 1/2" ip thread...of course that's just eyeballing

You will see if you go to any hardware store I'm pretty sure, that the side tap is 1/2" ip thread...of course that's just eyeballing
Thanks. But the 1/2” side male connector is just fine for the extender hose I had purchased. I am just frustrated with those 3/8” connectors.
I went to a hardware store, and found out that, the Comp 3/8” connectors are different than OD 3/8” connectors. So I got a solution, although expensive. I am attaching a picture for your ease. Having all of those would cost around 40 CADs total. I am trying to find a cheaper solution if that is found.

Attachments

• IMG_3211.jpeg
    IMG_3211.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Thanks Mic. Are you sure that this 7/8" male and female connectors will fit perfectly with my 3/8" male and female connectors of the main water line? I am confused.

Thanks Mic. Are you sure that this 7/8" male and female connectors will fit perfectly with my 3/8" male and female connectors of the main water line? I am confused.
Nothing is 100% sure on this site. If we were at your house then thats a different story. If it don't fit send it back

Assuming the side outlet of the tee you purchased fits your "handheld shower", the this is how your fittings should be installed using the tee I suggested.
View attachment 44654
Okay Mic, you gave a good solution. I have already attached the hand shower like you suggested. But the point is, near my commode, it’s only cold water line, there is no hot water line. That is why I bought those two Tee Connectors to bring a hot water line from under my hand washing basin. And that’s when this issues are popped in.

The fun fact is, I am a bit enthusiastic about these works. That’s why I googled many techniques about how to set it up. I went to the store the other day, and asked one store person very humbly about an expert opinion regarding this. To my utter disheartening case, he straightly shut me off by saying that he cannot say these to me, they have a full set of like 200-250 dollars. The best solution that I will have to buy otherwise he can’t help me. And then he just ignored like he doesn’t wanna see me there. That’s what triggered me the most that, I will have to solve it by my own. Just because he is an expert doesn’t mean I am just unaware about all of these stuffs. So that’s when I asked for help in here. I am fortunate to have some good opinions.

So, if I understand you correctly, you want to bypass a cold water portable bidet, which normally uses the incoming toilet supply line, and replace it with a tee fitting to your hot water side under the sink basin nearby? Please tell me that you will be blending both hot and cold water so nobody gets scolded in their "nether" regions?

You can buy a toilet mixing valve that will give you warm water. If you have a basement tye the hot & cold into it and then up through
the floor and put your toilet supply line on and bidet hook up.

If you have a hot and cold connection to a handheld bidet "wand", you will need to dispel the colder water in the hose before using it if you actually want warm water. I had a toilet seat bidet that had a mixing valve that would control the water temperature, but you needed to use the "cleaning mode" of the bidet spout to dispel the water in the tubing so that you could get warm water out of the spout. And even with a hot water circulating system, it took too long to get hot water to the bidet seat, and we pretty much stopped using the temperature control. And actually, the cool water was rather refreshing, even in the wintertime.

We now have an actual bidet that has hot and cold water piped to it, but again, we rarely even use the hot water for it.

So, if I understand you correctly, you want to bypass a cold water portable bidet, which normally uses the incoming toilet supply line, and replace it with a tee fitting to your hot water side under the sink basin nearby? Please tell me that you will be blending both hot and cold water so nobody gets scolded in their "nether" regions?
You understood me to the right point exactly. That is what I am trying to do. Because as I am not an expert in professional plumbing, so I do not want to modify the main water line. Instead, I am just trying to add additional parts with the existing lines so that no more rigorous works are needed.

Latest posts

Back