Need Advice Utility Sink in Garage (pictures included)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad K

Reaction score
All, I am installing a utility sink in my garage. I need advice. what you are looking at is my laundry room plumbing from viewing inside the garage. The laundry room is on the other side of the wall. The drain goes into the basement.

1. Can I put a "T" where I circled cut and drain into this?
2. I want the sink positioned where it sits or a little to the right. I was thinking of running the horizontal section on the outside of the wall so I dont have to cut into the wall studs. Any issues with this?
3. hot/cold water supply - do I need to do anything special about protecting the pipes from freezing? Even in worst conditions the garage never gets below freezing inside.

1709181900328.png
1709182448808.png

You could leave it as is or stack the tys and leave them 2" only reason I would stack is for drain cleaning that way there is no chance your snake could jump the dbl ty and go into the other fixture, and it's just better to have a bigger drain if you think it could freeze it's not a good idea to put it there unless it's a heated area

Latest posts

Back