Moentrol Lever-Variable Shower Control

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vkonradi

Reaction score
Does anyone recognize a Moentrol single-tilt-lever shower control? Where the lever rotates for temperature, and tilts to adjust flow? The lever TILTS, does NOT push in/out. Like a typical kitchen sink single-lever control. I purchased and installed it somewhere around year 2002. I had encountered a similar tilt/rotate Grohe in Europe about that time frame.

When I went to buy another Moentrol for a 2nd shower years later, I wound up with the push in/out type. Moen sales told me there had never existed such a tilt version.

The tilt linkage is janky and and fiddly to adjust the cartridge into proper shut-off position. Maybe the design was considered so bad they terminated it and changed to the push in/out? Or maybe they got in a patent infringement suit with Grohe?

I've never seen on on a shower but it could be similar to what the kitchen and lav faucets used with the 1225 cartridge. Have you contacted Moen? They have lifetime warranty.

The the M-core 3 series work the way you are describing.

It’s a pivot piece that fits between the stem and the handle.

Latest posts

Back