Moen M-Bition 8800 Two Handle Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad faucet

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have installed a brand new M-Bition two handle faucet. Connected both hot and cold. Went to turn on the shutoff valves. Cold water works as advertised. Hot water dribbles. I shut off the water, pull the cartridge for the hot side. To me, it appears that when you turn the cartridge to open the water supply, it barely rotates the hole to open. To me, it looks like the cartridge is backwards. And, when I align it to rotate properly, it cannot because of the tab that sets in the brass housing. In other words, the hole that opens to allow flow of water is in the 3 o'clock positioned and it should be in the 9 o'clock position. Or, the top of the cartridge should have been molded 180 degrees in the other direction.

Am I missing something here????

I won't be able to post any pictures until tomorrow when I get back to work.

Remove the cartridge and see if you can get flow when you turn the stop valve on.

If so, switch the hot and cold cartridge. See what happens. If you get flow then replace the cartridge you don’t get flow out of.
If you still don’t get flow out of the hot with the cold cartridge installed then replace the faucet.

The hot and cold cartridges are the same, it’s the orientation of the tab that determines which way it turns.

It’s a process of elimination.

I'll give that a shot. Piss me off though...this is happening on two BRAND NEW faucets. The exact same thing on the exact same model....both on the hot water side.

I'll let you know tomorrow.

Thank you

I'll give that a shot. Piss me off though...this is happening on two BRAND NEW faucets. The exact same thing on the exact same model....both on the hot water side.

I'll let you know tomorrow.

Thank you
Any chance you kinked a braided supply line under the faucet?

Morning everyone. Appreciate the feedback from all. I was off the last couple of days.
Okay, to turdchaser2000, no kinked hose under the faucet.

Next, I did not mention that there was a thermostatic mixing valve (Zurn Wilkins Aqua-Gard Thermostatic Mixing Valve) in this faucet system. I read on a couple of other searches about this mixing valve going bad, etc. I disconnected it from the water supply valves and the the faucet itself and took a picture of how all the hoses were positioned. Anyhow, upon further inspection, it was clogged with debris. No way to really flush it out so I did the best I could to remove the stuff. I used a fine pick and water to rinse it out as best as possible. I worked pretty good. Reconnected everything and now there's hot water again.

Again, I appreciate the feedback and questions from everyone. This is a great forum and will suggest it to anyone. And since I have been tasked with taking care of our facility needs, I will be back here to seek out your guidance....I'll also post pictures with any of the issues that crop up.

Thanks again everyone!
As Arnold said, "I'll be back...."

Zurn Wilkins 38-ZW3870XLT 3/8" ZW3870XLT Aqua-Gard Thermostatic Mixing Valve with 3 Port Compression Fittings

Valve.jpg

Latest posts

Back