Manual Copper Pipe Crimping Tool

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMMIEM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate brand(s) recommendations. Preferably tools that will work in a limited work space.
Thank You

If you are referring to "Press" technology, I only recommend power tools.

All those cheap tools are available on Amazon or EBay. Read the reviews and buy yourself one. They’re all pretty much garbage

All those cheap tools are available on Amazon or EBay. Read the reviews and buy yourself one. They’re all pretty much garbage
I've been reading the reviews. A lot are ok. I'm just wondering if this is just a so-so concept or DIY user mistakes. I was hoping it would be a good solution for working under a sink while lying on my back or stomach.

I've been reading the reviews. A lot are ok. I'm just wondering if this is just a so-so concept or DIY user mistakes. I was hoping it would be a good solution for working under a sink while lying on my back or stomach.

I don’t think any of those manual crimp tools offer a tool that will work in a small space. I guess it depends on what’s considered a small space. Here’s one that’s hydraulic.

https://www.amazon.com/iGeelee-Hydr...MI-tjH45q9gAMVj__jBx1DqQ11EAQYCSABEgIiRvD_BwE
You’re working with copper correct ?

Learning to solder is on my bucket list. Until I try it I won't know if I'll be any good at it. I was just thinking that the crimper would be easier. Looked that way on some videos I've seen.

I guess it could be easier in some instances. But ya gotta get that tool in there, that’s the hard part as you know.

Soldering takes a little practice. I suggest reading all you can from quality sources, not forums. On forums you’ll have guys that have never picked up a torch telling you how to solder 🤣

I guess it could be easier in some instances. But ya gotta get that tool in there, that’s the hard part as you know.

Soldering takes a little practice. I suggest reading all you can from quality sources, not forums. On forums you’ll have guys that have never picked up a torch telling you how to solder 🤣
Can you recomend a good source? Thank You.

I'm so confused. What is a crimping tool? I thought the only way to not solder copper pipe was to use a "Pro Press", the hydraulic expensive tools. I assumed the copper pipe pieces were designed only to work with the few tools like the Pro-press. You can't get a reliable connection made with a cheap tool. Just solder your pipes old school if you don't want a 2,000 dollar tool. You need perfect and consistent pressure from a perfectly designed and made crimping tool to make reliable crimps.

You can't use compression fittings ? Not sure what your trying to do here. There may be an alternate solution.

I'm confused too. Can the original thread writer tell us what you need to fix and we can help? Do you have copper pipe but are afraid to solder so you want to use Pro_Press style crimping copper? That stuff is so expensive. If you are afraid to solder, there are other options like going from copper pipe to PEX and PEX fittings. Not only are the proper tools expensive for forming/crimping the copper pieces, but the pieces themselves are very expensive. Plus, I think it requires just as much practice and experience to use a Pro-Press to do it properly and know it won't leak as it takes to learn how to solder copper pipe. It's really easy to solder copper pipe as long as you take the time to clean the pipe, use tinning solder as opposed to non-tinned solder, and you get all the water out of the pipe (no dripping).

Latest posts

Back