LP Design Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaguaroAD

Reaction score
Hey there,

First of all, I understand the dangers of LP. Due to both monetary and location issues I will be redesigning and installing my LP system. I am a contractor, and have some experience installing iron pipe natural gas systems. The small bit of plumbing work I’ve had to do on my own property has given me a great amount of respect for this profession, it’s not simple.

I have to update the old system in a house I inherited. It currently has a modern gas dryer (22,000 btu) and and outdated range. I am keeping the dryer for now, updating to a Frigidaire FCRG3052AS range(unsure how to calculate btu), and I am installing a Rheem tankless water heater (11,000-199,900 btu). We use 2 propane tubes at a time, I believe they are 100lb. That could be increased if necessary.

My current system uses copper tube, I’d like to upgrade to CSST, and feel comfortable enough with the install. I am unsure of what size regulator(s), what kind of manifold, and what size pipe to use. Any help would be deeply appreciated. I’ve found a few manuals that help, but I would like more detail if I can find it. I’m happy to provide any other info/pictures that’s needed. Thanks!

I don’t feel csst is an upgrade over copper. But that’s my opinion.

2- 100# tanks isn’t a large supply, again that’s just my opinion.

You have a max demand of Approximately 300,000 btu

Last edited:
I don’t feel csst is an upgrade over copper. But that’s my opinion.
I’d stay with copper if it made sense. One issue is I have had a hard time finding that kind of tubing in my area. The range looks like 5/8, the dryer 1/2, and the water heater calls for 3/4.

You’ll need to draw your floor plan and where your supply tank will be. Must have pretty accurate measurements.

Latest posts

Back