Leak under toilet into crawl (Video)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s what you’re trying to achieve. The general idea. There’s concrete under that hardwood so I secured to the concrete, you’ll use screws

Thank you so much. This is extremely helpful. I'll likely give this a shot once the wood dries. I'm going to check on it every other day and keep an eye on it. There was concrete board laid over the subfloor before tiling so hopefully it will hold.

Last edited:
Thank you so much. This is extremely helpful. I'll probably give this a shot once the wood dries. I'm going to check on it every other day and keep an eye on it. There was concrete board laid over the subfloor before tiling so hopefully it will hold.
Use long screws. You want to hit the plywood. 3” will probably do it. I like 1/4” tapcon screws. They’re blue

That’ll get you by until you can get a pro in there. Maybe get you by forever.

If your screw holes to secure the flange to the plywood below don’t match up between the two don’t worry. Just use the screw to make the hole where it needs to be.
Twowaxhack ... shouldn't she make sure this joint is pvc glued ? It looks like that is where the water is comming from now. (Along with your other advice too)

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230822_081538_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230822_081538_Chrome.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 0
Back