Is this pex bending & joints ok?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a repipe done. Are the joints and bending in this pex ok? First pic is service entry through block wall.20230807_213500.jpg20230807_211725.jpg20230807_212342.jpg20230807_111455.jpg

Is that a cleanout on the vent. It is useless being that close to the toilet. The toilet would have to be pulled to access the cleanout, at that point run through the toilet

You should use the nail clamps made for supporting PEX as per mfrs instructions. Support prevents strain and is part of the long term durability.

Is that a cleanout on the vent. It is useless being that close to the toilet. The toilet would have to be pulled to access the cleanout, at that point run through the toilet
House built 1967 so this abs is newer and done by a previous owner.

is it OK for the service entry pipe to be bent like it is? Doesn't that create a large stress at the joint?

They may have many years as a plumber, but looks like hack work; they are not certified for Uponor (Uponor issues a card if trained), nor does it look like they have read the instructions for installation for any pex universally.
Support every 32" and at each run vertically and horizontally to eliminate stress.

I had a repipe done. Are the joints and bending in this pex ok? First pic is service entry through block wall.View attachment 41612View attachment 41613View attachment 41614View attachment 41615
Generally, I do not talk crap about how peoples work looks, becasue we have all done things we are not proud of. The only real thing I see, is I do not like the bends near the fittings, it puts undue stress on the connections and is not correct. 4'' of pipe after a connection to the fitting should be unstressed and straight. An example of this the the tee fitting in the 3rd picture where the 2 red pipes go to a white pipe.

They may have many years as a plumber, but looks like hack work; they are not certified for Uponor (Uponor issues a card if trained), nor does it look like they have read the instructions for installation for any pex universally.
Support every 32" and at each run vertically and horizontally to eliminate stress.
Do they still issue cards? Got one in 95 or so, but long since lost.

Back