How to remove flat faucet nut from under the sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katherine01

Reaction score
1000005828.jpg
I've tried a faucet wrench and steel basin wrench but I can't get it off. Any help would be appreciated.

Take a large flathead screwdriver and lightly tap it into the crack where I’ve marked in red and then pry the nut open. It should unscrew or fall off if you’re successful.

3A6ED0DF-E593-4E78-9F98-05F635F652B9.jpeg

This is one reason why I really like the new and improved methods of affixing a faucet. Hefty nuts that you finger and then finish with a screwdriver…

This is one reason why I really like the new and improved methods of affixing a faucet. Hefty nuts that you finger and then finish with a screwdriver…
That’s the exact type you’re looking at in this thread with the screws removed.

That’s the exact type you’re looking at in this thread with the screws removed.
Then put the damn screws back in and untwist by hand. What’s the problem?

When people start doing things in a way that it’s not supposed to be done is when trouble happens. Those screws are supposed to stay in. And they are what is supposed to be tight.

Then put the damn screws back in and untwist by hand. What’s the problem?

When people start doing things in a way that it’s not supposed to be done is when trouble happens. Those screws are supposed to stay in. And they are what is supposed to be tight.
Yeah that might could help, I’m not doing the work but a lot of times that aluminum nut and threads crusts up and fuses together.

Latest posts

Back