High water pressure but low flow?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then you said...

And then....I chuckled. You have have the business credibility of a 9 year old playing Monopoly.

Time spent calling Plumbers for free estimates - Free
Time spent getting a free estimate - Free
Time spent getting free advice from Plumbers in the internet - Free
Time spent getting the widget - Free
Time spent putting in the widget - Free
Time spent cleaning up - Free
Time spent bragging on your success - Free
Widget - $70

Giving bad reviews to a company that gave you a free estimate and that you didn't even hire - PRICELESS!

I will bore you no longer. Feel free to have the last word Mr. Q. :D

I am just now getting the picture that what bothers you most is that I ( The consumer ) was able to do this job in the first place. I think it also bothers you that I used this forum ( which is clearly to give advice and or help ) as a resource to help in my quest. ( Not that you ever toned in with anything useful yourself other than a futile attempt to push buttons)

And actually I did not give a bad review...I gave a good review of a bad company based on how my situation was handled. The internet is a great place. There are millions of reviews done on a weekly basis. And I am sure even you have based a purchase or service on a websites review of it's customers.

If people do not want a bad review then I suggest treat customers fairly.

Also I have been running my business for the last 25 years. And it has been in the family since early 1900's...must be doing something right.

About two months ago I sent one of my trucks and employee's to a tow company located in Binghamton NY to pick up a vehicle for a local body shop that was involved in a very minor accident down there. That tow company sent a truck to pickup that accident because their local police requested it. Total distance towed back to their yard was 2 miles. They charged 280.00 for the tow and also charged 15.00 for each mile listed under " mileage" on the receipt. They also charged 32.00 per day storage. I called for charges so that I could cut that company a check and in turn would bill the total to the insurance company once dropped off local. The tow company quoted me roughly 464.00 plus tax or tax form and also stated they only take cash. The breakdown was for tow, miles, 2 days storage AND 120.00 to tow it out of their lot while by own truck waited outside the fence. They would not let my driver tow it out and they used the term "liability" as the reason. My driver sent me a picture and said the reason it was not drivable was because the coolant had leaked out...so in other words he could have driven it the 20 feet out of the gate but instead hit us with a 120.00 charge.

My point is that even though I am in the towing, recovery and auto mechanic business does NOT mean that all of the companies in this trade are honest. Those guys were also crooks! I gave them a bad review as well as a complaint to the local police department of their practices. I also sent a complaint to the local DA's office because the police officers might not give a damn.
You do your trade no justice by sticking up to scams and crooks by others.

Looking back on this topic I think I got a total of 2 maybe 3 replies of advice and the rest seems to be that of hurt feelings from sarcastic members trying to justify bloated costs to a consumer. I have no further use for this forum...too bad it seemed like a great place for information with a few people making it their own stomping grounds.

I bet if i write something this guy will have something to say. I think he likes to hear himself talk. And actually all your comments fell on deaf ears. I know what i am worth and what my trade is worth. And that is why the price is the price. Your probably the same person who will get a price then try to negotiate for a cheaper price. Or better yet waste a plumbers time and get a price you dont like. I hope you feel good about the fact that the plumber you had come out probably missed out on a better job that would actually feed his family. And if they dont give an estimate over the phone there are other companies that will as you found out by making a phone call. Hey plbgbiz bet he still has something to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back