Help with water pump specs

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should make your cycle stop valves with an adjustable bypass for larger bladder tanks to keep the run time of the pump to a minimum after the water is cut off and the system starts building pressure. Just saying
We did that 30 years ago. Found out the internal bypass adjusts itself from 0.2 to 1.8 GPM. Setting the CSV at 58 psi with a 40/60 switch will make a short 2 minute run time even with a huge 80 gallon tank. I thought you knew how these things work. Lol!

We did that 30 years ago. Found out the internal bypass adjusts itself from 0.2 to 1.8 GPM. Setting the CSV at 58 psi with a 40/60 switch will make a short 2 minute run time even with a huge 80 gallon tank. I thought you knew how these things work. Lol!

I know enough that I can make the working equivalent to it with parts from Lowes for $100. Bet

I know enough that I can make the working equivalent to it with parts from Lowes for $100. Bet
Sure you can. Anyone can do it. I will post a copy of my patent if you can't find it, so you can get it right. It is really that simple. Perfection is getting something to its simplist form. Bit then you will need to watch it work for 30 years to realize everything it can do. I'm still learning myself.

Sure you can. Anyone can do it. I will post a copy of my patent if you can't find it, so you can get it right. It is really that simple. Perfection is getting something to its simplist form. Bit then you will need to watch it work for 30 years to realize everything it can do. I'm still learning myself.
No need for that, a simple external bypass with back pressure on the pump and the proper pressure settings. Then fine tune the bypass according to how long I want the pump to run after the water is turned off.

I’m not trying to copy what you’ve done, just get the same results.

No need for that, a simple external bypass with back pressure on the pump and the proper pressure settings. Then fine tune the bypass according to how long I want the pump to run after the water is turned off.

I’m not trying to copy what you’ve done, just get the same results.
That was 31 years ago. In less than 6 months you will discover the external bypass clogs the same way holes in your shower head do. Been there. Done that. You got a lot of catching up to do. It would go much quicker if you learned from someone else's experience. Lol!

That was 31 years ago. In less than 6 months you will discover the external bypass clogs the same way holes in your shower head do. Been there. Done that. You got a lot of catching up to do. It would go much quicker if you learned from someone else's experience. Lol!

I assure you I can manufacture an external bypass that will flow 1-2gpm without clogging.

But I love your enthusiasm when you cast shade. Typical Texas, I bet you drive a dually and have your name stamped on the back of your belt. 🤣

You should see the Scotsman ice machine I got working with $60 in parts compared to the appliance guys $600 in parts. He said it’ll never make ice again.
I have it making 29 pounds a day and the machines max rating is 30.

I’m not your average idiot bro

I was dragging up old lawnmowers from the dump at 7 yrs old and making them run.

Here’s a self cleaning orfice that would work in an external bypass.
https://www.flomatic.com/assets/pdf_files/literature/Flo-Trol-Literature.pdf
The orfice is rubber and changes shape under varying pressures, this flexes the orfice and keeps it clean. Bingo bango

But if that didn’t work I have a few more ideas.

Last edited:
I’m not your average idiot bro
No, you are a special kind. Lol!

I have no doubt you think you are brilliant. Me, on the other hand, I don't claim to be brilliant, just got lucky. I came up with the idea for the Cycle Stop Valve by accident, and 30+ years later I am still figuring out all the amazing stuff it does.

The external bypass is what others who were trying to copy me used before my patent expired. Now they make them EXACTLY like a Cycle Stop Valve. Flomatic has made a big business copying everything I do, and they make no bones about it. They still have one holdover valve with an external bypass, but nobody uses that one as we all know the bypass clogs. They also make a copy of the Dole valve, which is the link you gave. The rubber thing in a Dole valve does help, but any of them less than 2 GPM still clog. It is making the drilled hole bypass large enough not to clog that is the key. But the larger the bypass defeats the purpose of eliminating the cycling at low flow. Since they copy me exactly I will give them a boost and post the link here.
https://www.flomatic.com/valves/constant-pressure-pump-control-valves/
No matter if you make an exact copy or figure out someway to keep an external bypass from clogging, at least you have realized the Cycle Stop Valve idea is a far superior way to control a pump than any other way on the market. :)

PS. I told your wife I was not interested. Lol!

No, you are a special kind. Lol!

I have no doubt you think you are brilliant. Me, on the other hand, I don't claim to be brilliant, just got lucky. I came up with the idea for the Cycle Stop Valve by accident, and 30+ years later I am still figuring out all the amazing stuff it does.

The external bypass is what others who were trying to copy me used before my patent expired. Now they make them EXACTLY like a Cycle Stop Valve. Flomatic has made a big business copying everything I do, and they make no bones about it. They still have one holdover valve with an external bypass, but nobody uses that one as we all know the bypass clogs. They also make a copy of the Dole valve, which is the link you gave. The rubber thing in a Dole valve does help, but any of them less than 2 GPM still clog. It is making the drilled hole bypass large enough not to clog that is the key. But the larger the bypass defeats the purpose of eliminating the cycling at low flow. Since they copy me exactly I will give them a boost and post the link here.
https://www.flomatic.com/valves/constant-pressure-pump-control-valves/
No matter if you make an exact copy or figure out someway to keep an external bypass from clogging, at least you have realized the Cycle Stop Valve idea is a far superior way to control a pump than any other way on the market. :)

PS. I told your wife I was not interested. Lol!

You have no idea who you’re talking to. I’ll leave it at that. Have a great weekend my boy.

Are your stainless valve bodies manufactured in the USA ?

🫢🤣

I have a South Korean friend wanting me to ship him one. I guess I’ll be buying one after all. 😆

Back