Heat pump water heater location ?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludington

Reaction score
I have been contemplating the purchase of a hp water heater. I have a concern over where I would need to locate it.
That would be in my woodworking workshop. I'm thinking it may just be to dusty for it to live there.
The temp range should be fine 55 - 80 , but that darn wood dust may just be to much, it could clog the filters to easily. I don't do to much woodwork anymore, but still once in a while still may be to much.
Thoughts ?

Only way would be if it was ducted. Even then may not be ideal.

I figured it was probably a bad idea. I could move it to a different section of the basement, but that would make the runs way to long.

But back to the original question.....
I won't do it. Just the standard wh. Probably the 6 year one. And see how long that one lasts... since there all actually the same... you would think the ones with a longer warranty would be made better....maybe I'll be gone by then.

But back to the original question.....
I won't do it. Just the standard wh. Probably the 6 year one. And see how long that one lasts... since there all actually the same... you would think the ones with a longer warranty would be made better....maybe I'll be gone by then.
No, the ones with the longer warranty are the same as the ones with the shorter warranty. You simply pay more. I asked the contractor that put my last one in and this is the knowledge that he imparted to me.

No, the ones with the longer warranty are the same as the ones with the shorter warranty. You simply pay more. I asked the contractor that put my last one in and this is the knowledge that he imparted to me.
I keep hearing that...
I dont think the auto-shutoff is worth it.. or leak detection.

Some heaters with longer warranties have dual anodes.

Some heaters are made of stainless steel offering lifetime warranty and some have a plastic tank offering lifetime warranty’s

Some heaters with longer warranties have dual anodes.

Some heaters are made of stainless steel offering lifetime warranty and some have a plastic tank offering lifetime warranty’s
Ok my friend, which type / brand would you buy ?

If you buy just a regular 40 gallon WH and want to add another 5 years to it you get a sticker showing add on and paperwork
goes to the Manufacture. There was a company that offered a lifetime warranty but almost or did go out of business because of it.

HTP has stainless steel tanks and lifetime warranty, Rheem Marathon is composite and lifetime warranty. Rheem 4 year warranty extension kit adds a second anode rod. Most water heaters with a longer warranty are the same tank with a larger or additional anode rod. Depending on my needs I would either by a standard tank and check/change the anode regularly, or get a tankless if I have gas, currently I only have electricity so I would probably do a lifetime tank with a thermal mixing valve for capacity.

I like the heat pump water heaters but you need 220v and it will blow out cold air and need a drain close by for condensation. Can be ducted but you need make-up air.

Back