Grohe shower lack of warm/hot water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miketurner201

Reaction score
Hi My daughter has a Grohe mixer shower (see photos) and however I try to mix it to warm / hot it only just manages slightly warm or cold. I don't know how old it is as it was already fitted when they moved in. Can anyone suggest what might be the problem. Other showers are fine so I think it's just this shower. Many thanks. (Preview shows pictures sideways, hopefully you can make it out).

Attachments

• tempImagecgHXM3.png
    tempImagecgHXM3.png
    8.9 MB · Views: 8
  • tempImage1x706T.png
    tempImage1x706T.png
    11.7 MB · Views: 8
I wonder if it has those stoppers/tabs that are installed so that it can't go to full hot. You'll have to check the cartridge/behind trim to see if it has any. But if you are getting hot water in all the other faucets of the house that would be one reason this could be not mixing enough hot water. Was this shower always like this or did it recently stop getting as hot?

Hi, The levers controlling the temperature seem to work fine, just not able to get any warm or hot. Just wondered if there was some kind of new thermostatic needed ? I think the shower has always been like this but seems to have got worse. It's only used when I visit every few months.

Latest posts

Back