Frigidaire ice maker has no ice.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amtrolman59

Reaction score
Had the service man out to fix the ice maker, now this is the fourth time within 5 years, ice maker was replaced each time so now he tells me a need a water holding tank for the fridge due to low water pressure, what is a water holding tank as I never heard of these?

Had the service man out to fix the ice maker, now this is the fourth time within 5 years, ice maker was replaced each time so now he tells me a need a water holding tank for the fridge due to low water pressure, what is a water holding tank as I never heard of these?
How about actually seeing what the pressure is, Was it measured?
is the filter changed?
Does the fridge have a water dispenser? If yes, how is the flow?

Not sure about a water holding tank.

I would think as long as you have water at the ice maker it would make ice if its working right. I don't think pressure would
really help.

Sounds much like my 2010 Whirlpool in my current house I bought in 2020. Grinder/dispenser always worked (still does, if I wanted to dump cubes into it). I swear the water dispenser worked too in 2020, but today it doesn't (don't care), and I gave up on the ice maker in 2020 after the previous house owner told me they tried replacing ice maker and it still didn't work. I found joy in buying new Rubbermaid quick release ice trays at Walmart for under $3...the major hassle for me, of using ice trays, besides freezer space, was wrestling with (twisting, poking, swearing) old ice trays to get cubes out. Cubes practically jump out with new trays. Sorry to divert my rant from your problem..... 3+ trays makes a lot of ice much faster than a fridge ice maker (obviously?), but you/I gotta dedicate freezer space for trays AND a bowl for already-made cubes.

I had the holding tank description wrong, I should have said it needs a small expansion tank, Water filter was replaced just recently, water seems to come out of water dispenser ok to me but he did do a water test by timing it and said it was 2 ounces when it should be 4 ounces according to his time.

Water line is ok, I'm just thinking that with the hard water I have that maybe something is partially clogged up somewhere, but still I don't know anything about a small expansion tank.

Back