faucet handle sloppy

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim4b

Reaction score
For a new bathroom sink faucet with one handle it has up and down movement that is loose slack before you feel it catch the valve cartridge actual motion. And so I removed that small blue and red button to access the handle set screw. And it says use a 2.5 mm hex tool to remove the set screw, but does not find it. How do I fix this issue.? It is the American Standard Reliant 3 single handle, 7385004.002

With no set screw, the handle should lift off. If it doesn't, your set screw is probably still there, but just hard to find, especially in the dark hole. A picture would help us to see what you're seeing.

So I shut off the water cold and hot supply lines and then moved the faucet handle to the center and up until I did feel the hex tool fit into the set screw good and snug. Then I unscrewed it as far it would go but still could not pull off the handle from the valve cartridge. So it must on with a real tight fit or they glued it.?

Likely just crud on the threads. Put some penetrating oil in the hole, let it sit for a few minutes, then work the set screw back and forth. Repeat as necessary. BTDT

If all else fails, order a new cartridge and handle, then drill out the screw or break it off.

Latest posts

Back