Easiest way to add spray hose to tub?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about this?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B012BFNCJ2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

81T2kBGMOJL._SL1500_.jpg

Usually (I believe :rolleyes: ), thread size is 15/16" for a male aerator (a thread and pitch gauge should be in the plumbing aisle at HOME DESPARADO for your use). Included is an aerator style adapter and will enable you to connect a 1/2" shower hose and retain the aerator.

I'm not really familiar with plumbing thread sizes so it's a little confusing. Does that diverter come with the adapter that will allow me to just plug it into the aerator of the current faucet or do I need to get something else? If that's all I need that would be amazing =) I was about to come up with some jb weld or shoe glue engineering :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really familiar with plumbing thread sizes so it's a little confusing. Does that diverter come with the adapter that will allow me to just plug it into the aerator of the current faucet or do I need to get something else? If that's all I need that would be amazing =) I was about to come up with some jb weld or shoe glue engineering :D

The adapter is shown in the RH upper corner of the ill.

It's just like PREGO, it's in there.

The adapter is shown in the RH upper corner of the ill.

It's just like PREGO, it's in there.

Got the part in from Amazon today and unfortunately it doesn't work. The adapter size is too small. That's why I was asking about the thread sizes cause I have no idea what the 15/16 - 27 female means. Any idea what the next move is?

faucet1.jpg

faucet2.jpg

Got the part in from Amazon today and unfortunately it doesn't work. The adapter size is too small. That's why I was asking about the thread sizes cause I have no idea what the 15/16 - 27 female means. Any idea what the next move is?

D'oh!

Seems I am not as smart as I thought I was... :eek:

Sorry, I thought maybe your measurement was askew but it seems 28mm is a popular size.

Needed is a 28mm to 15/16"-27 adapter. Looking.

Get a load of this available across the big pond- http://iapbathrooms.co.uk/shop/unca...-no-more-nasty-rubber-push-on-hoses-includes/

D'oh!

Seems I am not as smart as I thought I was... :eek:

Sorry, I thought maybe your measurement was askew but it seems 28mm is a popular size.

Needed is a 28mm to 15/16"-27 adapter. Looking.

Get a load of this available across the big pond- http://iapbathrooms.co.uk/shop/unca...-no-more-nasty-rubber-push-on-hoses-includes/

Maybe I ended up with a European Faucet or something lol Seems like this should be way simpler =) That part looks like it would work but I need to check on the hose attachment cause it might be something hard to get here. Working on some redneck engineering we'll see how that goes. I'll post some pics shortly.

So I found that a copper pipe fit nicely into the aerator so I cut it to fit and glued it into place. Next I found an adapter that fit nicely into the copper pipe and glued it. We'll see how long this lasts and if it fails I'll look into the part from Europe =)

pipe5.jpg

pipe3.jpg

pipe2.jpg

pipe1.jpg

VERY CREATIVE! :D

Could you put your caliper on the adapter that came with the valve just for reference?

attachment.php

ADDENDUM-

I personally have never came across such a large aerator but I guess they need the larger size for a quicker tub fill.

1.1in equals 28mm.

Last edited:
VERY CREATIVE! :D

Could you put your caliper on the adapter that came with the valve just for reference?

attachment.php

ADDENDUM-

I personally have never came across such a large aerator but I guess they need the larger size for a quicker tub fill.

1.1in equals 28mm.

Let the glue dry and hooded it up today. The water pressure was too much for the shoe glue so going to try some plumbers glue and test it out tomorrow. If that doesn't work I'll head to Ace about 20 miles from here and see if I can match this thread size or something.

I have searched extensively and have not come across a 28mm adapter.

Maybe the conversion is not popular with a Roman Tub?

Were you able to mic the adapter they sent you?

Back