Don't want wall hung toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zcape

Reaction score
I have a small house, 1 bath, 1 story, built on slab. A previous owner changed from a floor mounted toilet to a wall hung toilet some time in the 80s. Amazingly this 80s Geberit toilet is still running fine.

I'd like to get back to a toilet that is supported by the floor rather than the wall.

I see there are options for floor mounted toilets that still empty to the back like a wall mounted toilet: Sigma Concealed Tank | Geberit USA

The other option seems to be going for a regular floor mounted toilet.

Any suggestion on:
1) Easiest way to go from wall supported/mounted to floor supported.
2) Who I should talk to about taking on this type of work? Seems a little more involved than typical plumbing only work.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• PXL_20230723_043607655.jpg
    PXL_20230723_043607655.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 0
That Sigma is your best choice for minimal complication. That is a plumber project.
Anything else converting to floor mount conventional is likely building contractor plus plumber project. Will be expensive.
Why do you want to convert...too much movement as is common with two bolt wall mounts? You could redo the wall to make it firmer.
You can get better looking bowls to swap out.

That Sigma is your best choice for minimal complication. That is a plumber project.
Anything else converting to floor mount conventional is likely building contractor plus plumber project. Will be expensive.
Why do you want to convert...too much movement as is common with two bolt wall mounts? You could redo the wall to make it firmer.
You can get better looking bowls to swap out.
Thank you breplum. Yes the main reason for wanting a floor supported toilet is the strength of that wall. You make a great point that I should also consider wall strengthening options here. Really appreciate you guidance and help!!

Beware of Sigma precise drain height, even a 1/16 difference and you are s*rewed.

Back