Discuss. Well or City water?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the Grundfos Video....that was good information but I had a hard time dealing with the bad acting and boring narration. I felt as if I was in my eighth grade cafeteria watching a sexual education film clip! :D

Your sex ed taught you about wells too? I thought it was an analogy but clearly I was wrong. Growing up in a small town in Texas all we had was well. I'm going with well. I have no dental issues and it always tasted better to me.

Just in case anyone thinking I am for water wells because I drill yes, I love to drill. However, we make MORE money when they run city water.

When people hook into city water the wells have to be abandoned. So, if one house in a mile needs a well, I have one job.

If city water to run and 20 housed in the mile hook into it. I have 20 jobs.

In fact, over the years we have had to buy extra equipment to keep up.

On a deep 5" well when we have to abandoned with cement, it can cost more than the well cost to drill.

Last edited:
For city water, you give for it either by your taxes or a monthly bill. While for well you get the water with the septic system when you purchase the house. Your continuing costs are power for a pump and support or repairs.

Latest posts

Back