Chlorine Injection

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veridigm

Reaction score
Hi, I've got 10ppm iron, lots of iron bacteria, and some hydrogen sulfide in my well water. I'm using a peristaltic pump to inject chlorine after my pressure tank and before a contact tank, then the water goes to an Iron Curtain. Redundant, I know, but my well water sucks, so.
My injection pump is proportional and wired to the Iron Curtain circuit board. This means that when I flush my contact tank of the built up sludge, no water flow is registered, no chlorine injected and the contact tank water chlorine concentration gets diluted.
If I instead inject before my pressure tank and wire the injection pump to the well pump relay, wouldn't that give me more treated water at any given time ((pressure tank (30 gal) plus contact tank (30 gal) volume)) and also allow me to flush the tanks of sludge while still having the injection pump inject the appropriate amount of chlorine when the well pump trips? Both tanks are new and composite, not metal.
Any reason NOT to inject before the pressure tank?
Many thanks!

Back