cheap 1 1/4 pvc under sink any ideas?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrose002

Reaction score
AC was installed last week, they drained it down a vent in the attic, it was stopped up and he snaked it and then added Nu Calgon Drain Solve.
Meanwhile right before he added the chemical, I was cleaning the p trap the vent had backed into the sink and everything
under there was cheap any solutions or am I stuck with it?

Attachments

• PXL_20230820_155819516.jpg
    PXL_20230820_155819516.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20230820_155856429.jpg
    PXL_20230820_155856429.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
What you are showing is actually white poly P-trap.
Regardless of color, they last forever and we typically NEVER have problems with them.
We only buy ones that use blue or orange silicone bevel washers as the white bevel washers are harder plastic and can have difficulty sealing sometimes.
It is not a great practice to use a metal slip joint nut on plastic threads as they can cross thread readily, but if it is not leaking, all good.
Some weird trap adapter at wall.
It is improper to put condensate into plumbing without a proper trap and air gap.

I don't know what the thing is on the stub.
All the houses here in Lakewood Forest Houston TX are condensing into vents
about 1200 homes, built in the later 1970's. I can easily change the metal nut thanks for that!
The contraption on the stub has a washer that felt very brittle so I will change that,
as far as the vent I suppose that will be out of my league But as always Breplum I thank you
for your professional guidance!

We only buy ones that use blue or orange silicone bevel washers as the white bevel washers are harder plastic and can have difficulty sealing sometimes.
I’d have to agree on the difficulty sealing thing. Where can one buy just the blue or orange compression washers? Sounds like good things to have.
FYI, most newer construction around here uses these poly P-trap and related drain piping that uses these quarter-turn click stop parts that use a black O-ring. These seem to work well, haven’t seen one leak, but also haven’t seen them for sale anywhere. Probably available online somewhere but that often isn’t a feasible source when you’re dealing with a leak!

Latest posts

Back