Can't remove inner tub from Kenmore Series 80 washer

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edhalsim

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Kenmore Series 80 washer model #110.24872300 and I'm trying to remove the inner tub so I can clean the machine. I've removed the agitator and the nut using a spanner wrench. According to a repair video I saw on the web, I'm now supposed to be able to pull out the inner tub (without removing the motor/transmission/etc.) When I try, it still feels to me to be firmly attached. Am I missing something? Did they leave out a step in the video? See: at 6:24 mark.

Thanks for your help.
Ed

That’s not plumbing, that’s appliance repair.

Sorry, I can’t help you.

I clean my washer by throwing in one of those washing machine cleaner tablets and running it through a hot water cycle. What am I missing?

A Good Appliance Help Forum:
ApplianceJunk.com (Don't click the top section. It's a parts link. The forum is below that box.)

In The Mean Time...
Tubs get stuck to the shaft over the years due to corrosion. Sometimes you have to work very hard to lift the tub out, even to the point of having to have someone hold the machine down while you lift, rotate, lift, rotate the tub. Jerking up & down & jerking while rotating will help.

Be prepared to replace the seal. It may be damaged or have corrosion sealing it. When you remove the tub, you lose the corrosion seal.

Reinstall with anti-seize paste on the shaft for next time.

Hope This Helps,
Paul

Back