Can not find my water meter!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mech

Reaction score
Hey there! The water company recently reached out and mentioned that your water consumption is a bit high, and they suspect there might be a leak in your house. when I check the water gate I saw it doesn't have a water meter. Can anyone shed some light on why that might be the case?

photo_2023-08-09_13-24-43.jpg

Look for your meter near the closest utility easement from the valve box in your video.

Might even be in a straight line from your valve box in the video.

Worst case scenario the water provider will locate for a fee. I’ve also used google street view to find the meter at a customers house that had let the grass grow over it. When the google pic was taken the meter was visible.

Thanks for your response! Yes, there is grass over it. Using Google Maps is a smart idea. I'll trying to look around the area with Google Maps.

The water provider knows where it is as they have t read it to know how much to bill you.Ask your meter reader!

True , but they still had to know where to install the electronic meter!! Don't you think?

One would think, but the little zit faced kids I've seen working for our water department can't even find the zippers of their pants.

Meter locations are usually kept in the map room. A general location is given then it’s verified with a metal detector.

If my area water comes out to find a meter it’ll cost you around $75.

They’ll give you a general location for free over the phone. I suppose it’s up to the jurisdiction.

Back