Calcification spots near front outlet hole

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terri232

Reaction score
I have a Kohler toilet and at the very bottom front where the small outlet is, there seems to be some kind of a calcification. It feels like very tiny hard pieces and is rather unsightly. I can't remove them with my hand. How can I remove them without damaging the porcelain in the bowl?
Thank you so much.

I've used pumice stones for years, and have never scratched the porcelain. Obviously, there are different grades of pumice as well as different hardness of porcelain, but if you google, there are hundreds of toilet cleaning hints.

Try dipping out bowl water and saving that water for ice cubes, coffee, etc. we want to conserve and stay green.

Then replacing the bowl water you removed with a bottle of vinegar. Let it sit in the bowl over night. Scrub with a brush the next morning.

Try dipping out bowl water and saving that water for ice cubes, coffee, etc. we want to conserve and stay green.

Then replacing the bowl water you removed with a bottle of vinegar. Let it sit in the bowl over night. Scrub with a brush the next morning.
Lol at the ice cubes. Also as a side note make sure to flush after every use not just a duece. That is one of the main causes of mineral/salt buildup on the siphon jet and trapway.

Back