Built in gas oven under a countertop

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavinyil

Reaction score
We were considering putting gas oven under countertop? I saw many older posts mention it is not safe to do so? What is the safety issue, manual says it should be at leat 22" above to floor and never put under worktop.

How does it vent? I would consider a countertop a worktop. As stated follow manufacturer instructions.

All concerns I can think of would involve children. Using drop down door as a step, and if not secured properly, could collapse on them, and obviously the hot glass dangers with toddlers.

All concerns I can think of would involve children. Using drop down door as a step, and if not secured properly, could collapse on them, and obviously the hot glass dangers with toddlers.
I see, same concern would be for electric as well. Current range with stove also similar hot glass and almost same height for built in tough.

How does it vent? I would consider a countertop a worktop. As stated follow manufacturer instructions.
We were considering putting gas oven under countertop? I saw many older posts mention it is not safe to do so? What is the safety issue, manual says it should be at leat 22" above to floor and never put under worktop

We were considering putting gas oven under countertop? I saw many older posts mention it is not safe to do so? What is the safety issue, manual says it should be at leat 22" above to floor and never put under worktop

Heat is the safety issue,, it’ll get too hot. Follow the instructions.

Please post a brand and model number of the stove.

How does it vent? I would consider a countertop a worktop. As stated follow manufacturer instructions

Same brand to this one. Some one already put under counter top.
Empava 24inch single glass

Attachments

• PXL_20231221_165500448.jpg
    PXL_20231221_165500448.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 0
Manual states bottom of cabinet cutout cannot be less than 22 5/8" above floor, and not to install under a countertop. This minimum height above floor will put the oven above standard countertop height. You also need to use materials the will withstand at least 190°. Still not sure how it vents. It apears that it exhausts into the living space so you definitely need a good range hood and CO detector if this is installed. I would definitely be contacting manufacturer for clear instructions and to answer your question. I personally would not install it the way you are wanting to.

Attachments

• IMG_3224.jpeg
    IMG_3224.jpeg
    361.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back