broken septic pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20GT

Reaction score
hi all are there any tricks or tips to fixing this

20161009_135240.jpg

20161009_135247.jpg

20161009_135252.jpg

20161009_135258.jpg

20161009_135321.jpg

What's the best way to measure and cut the new to puzzle it back together? What to do first?

Ok Lowe's is out of the 4" clean out T. So I bought all 3" pipe and a reducer for the 4" from the septic side am I going to run into problems later on or will it be ok?

It will be 3 all the way from the house including the clean-out tee to the septic 4 inch pipe

Isn't it just the green that's 3034?
Back to the topic at hand, so I suppopse its ok to keep it all 3"?

If it is 3" coming out than yes.

I see the 3034 on the pipe but in the underground utility world ever since I started in the 90's it has been called sdr 35 and the heavy wall for deeper applications is called sdr 26. The fittings are also called sdr fittings. It was always white in color until the early 2000's when it went to green to make it easier to tell the difference between mainline water pipe and sewer/storm pipe. Just afterwards C900 water pipe went to blue. The fittings come in glue joint like above and also gasketed so you have to bevel the pipe and Lube it to put it together. I install most sizes from 4" to 18" and occasionally larger. We almost always use gasketed pipe as that is what my suppliers carry.

To the OP, if you look up any pipe supply house they will have those fittings in stock. It does look like you have 3" dual wall drain pipe coming out of your house? I've never seen it used for that.

What ever you do, do not jack leg it. It should be 4" pvc coming out of house.

20161009_135247.jpg

You can see from the picture that its 3 inch,
It doesnt matter what it shoud be
it matters what is there
its not like im going to replum the whole house.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you was having problems with my roof

If you could help me this the question from my third post it would be better than worrying about the size of the pipe
What's the best way to measure and cut the new to puzzle it back together?

I'm having trouble measuring it! I got as far as adding the last 45 but I can't seem to get the 45 in the correct spot I measured 11.5" but apparently that's too long so it put my last 45 too deep.

PLEASE HELP THIS IS MY ONLY QUESTION

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back